Canadian Program Applications Now Closed
Applications for Next/International Program accepted until December 6th
Applications for the 2020 NYA Canadian Program are now closed. Teams are conducting interviews now and will release selection results mid-december.
How to Apply
- Learn about NYA. You can read the Frequently Asked Questions here and get tips for applying here
- Decide if you want to complete the application online, by downloading it and filling it out on a computer, or filling it out by hand on paper. You can find the links to fill it out online or download a copy below.
- Choose a Mentor. A mentor is an adult (not someone who lives in the same house as you) who can help you apply to NYA, and will help you with assignments and getting ready to travel if you are selected as an NYA Participant. Mentors can be teachers, rec coordinators – anyone willing to volunteer to help you.
- Get your referrals. Have your Mentor and one other adult in your community who knows you well (cannot be a family member) each fill out the Referral Form found on this page and have them submit it either online, via email or by fax.
- Send in your application before the deadline. You can submit it online, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by fax to 613-232-2121
If you would like to print off a hard copy that can be filled out by hand please find .pdf copies of each application and referral form below.
All completed forms can be e-mailed to email@example.com, faxed to 613-232-2121, or mailed to Northern Youth Abroad, 308-311 Richmond Road, Ottawa, ON K1Z 6X3
Each Program applicant is required to submit two “Participant Referral Forms” in support of their application – one from their mentor, and one more from another adult who is not an immediate family member. The referral helps determine if NYA is a good fit for the applicant while allowing us to get to know them a little bit better.
Download Referral Forms
Download Promotional Materials
If you would like to download and print or send out promotional materials for your school or community, you can download them below. This includes a poster, and info sheet, and some graphics.