Applications to our 2017 Programs are now open!
How to apply
- Learn about NYA. You can read the FAQ here and get tips for applying here.
- Decide if you want to complete the application online, by downloading it and filling it out on a computer, or filling it out by hand on paper. You can find the links to fill it out online or download a copy below.
- Choose a Mentor. A mentor is an adult (not someone who lives in the same house as you) who can help you apply to NYA, and will help you with assignments and getting ready to travel if you are selected as a NYA Participant. Mentors can be teachers, rec coordinators – anyone willing to volunteer to help you.
- Have your Mentor and one other adult in your community who knows you well (cannot be a family member) each fill out the Referral Form found on this page and have them submit it either online, via email or by fax.
- Send in your application before the deadline. You can submit it online, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by fax to 613-232-2121
Online Applications and Forms
Click here to apply to the 2017 NYA Canadian Program. If you live in Nunavut or the NWT and are between the ages of 15-20 (as of June 1, 2017) you are eligible to apply to the Canadian Program.
Already done the NYA Canadian Program? Then Click here to apply to the 2017 International or NYA Next Program. These programs are open to all alumni who have completed the Canadian Program and are under 23 years old.
Each Program applicant is required to submit two “Participant Referral Forms” in support of their application – one from their mentor, and one more from another adult who is not an immediate family member. The referral helps determine if NYA is a good fit for the applicant while allowing us to get to know them a little bit better.
Click here to fill out an online referral from for an International or NYA Next Program applicant. (you can also send a letter of reference in lieu of filling out a referral form)
Applications and Forms to Download
If you would like to print off a hard copy that can be filled out by hand please find .pdf copies of each application and referral form below.
International/NYA Next Referral Form (letters of reference can be also be submitted)
All completed forms can be e-mailed to email@example.com, faxed to 613-232-2121, or mailed to Northern Youth Abroad, 308-311 Richmond Road, Ottawa, ON K1Z 6X3
2017 NYA Promo Package
Interested in helping promote NYA in your community? Download an NYA Promo Package to help spread the word!
Applied and want to know what comes next? Click here to find out more.