NYA is looking for individuals to work part-time flexible hours (5-10 hours per week) in the role of Ambassadors. The pandemic has put NYA’s core programs on hold, but we are lucky to have support to offer a number of activities and services for youth in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories. Our Ambassadors will help us by spreading the word and providing ideas and input to what we create. This position is paid.
- Find ways to promote NYA activities and get people to join in and participate,
- Connect with partners and individuals, learn more about what they are interested in and helping make this come true,
- Taking part in sessions and activities,
- Filming short videos, taking part in meetings, answering questions, etc.
- Working with the team to design and develop ways to offer content in Nunavut and the NWT that is engaging and interesting,
The ideal person for this role…
- Preference will be given to NYA Alumni – by this we mean those who have completed at least one of NYA (or NYAP before 2006) core programs,
- Lives in Nunavut or the Northwest Territories,
- Feels comfortable using social media, making video clips, and connecting with young people across the North,
- Is interested in and enthusiastic about learning more about this type of role,
- Is creative, and like to work with a team to make ideas come to life,
- Has internet access and access to a computer or device
If you are interested, email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org