Northern Youth Abroad (NYA) is releasing a number of small funding grants available to support northern-based activities, projects, and ideas that engage youth. The deadline to apply for and use funds is March 31, 2021.
Who can apply?
- Anyone from Nunavut and the NWT
- Youth, educators, and community supports are all welcome to apply
- The intent of these grants are to engage youth and their communities. While we welcome everyone with an idea to apply, applications that benefit the community as a whole will be prioritized.
What grants are available?
- Grants are available for $100, $250, and $500
- Grants are available for the following areas:
- Sports and Recreation
- Culture and Art
- Health and Wellness
- Education and Learning
- Community Service
What can the micro-grants cover?
- Materials and supplies
- Activity costs
- Startup costs or supplemental costs for existing or growing projects and programs
What kinds of activities are covered?
- Activities, projects, or events that engage northern youth and their communities.
- Examples of what you could use these grants for:
- Materials for a sewing or art project,
- Sports equipment for a class or group,
- Supplies to bring a youth group on the land,
- Bring tea and fruit to elders,
- Any other ideas for short or long term activities!
When is the deadline?
- Applications need to be submitted and funds used by March 31, 2021
- There are a limited number of grants so we encourage you to apply early
How do I apply?
- Fill out this short online form as soon as possible APPLICATION FORM
- It will ask you:
- What your idea is
- Who it will benefit
- How much you are applying for
- What you will be using the funds on
- If approved, after the activity you will have to send us a short form about how it went