Northern Youth Abroad is pleased to announce the launch of its Alumni Bursary Program. Created to provide support to members of the NYA alumni who are pursuing post secondary education, this year NYA will award a number of $500 bursaries.
To qualify for the NYA Alumni Bursary you must:
- Be a member of the NYA (or NYAP) Alumni having completed one or both of NYA’s core programs.
- Be enrolled in a program at an accredited Canadian institution that is at minimum one year in length. Accredited institution refers to a school recognized by either the Association of Universities and Colleges Canada, or the Association of Community Colleges, including programs offered by Nunavut Arctic College and Aurora College.
- Be a full time student.
- Be able to provide proof of acceptance/enrolment in January for the Winter Term.
- Agree to be featured in NYA promotional materials etc.
How to Apply
- Read over the application form and fill it in answering the questions listed. You can fill the application out and submit it online, by email or fax.
- Write your essay response making sure that it is at least 750 words long and no more than 1500 words. It might be a good idea to have someone proof read it for you. If your essay does not meet the word count it will be sent back to you.
- If you receive a bursary you will have to provide proof of enrolment from the school that you are registered with.
- Bursaries are provided on a first come, first serve basis; so you will want to send in your application as soon as possible after they start being accepted on December 5th at 12PM Eastern Time. You should try to have the application ready to send in and send it as soon as you can after they start being accepted.
- Once we receive your application we will confirm with you that we have it, and if it is complete. If it is not complete you will need to re-submit it once it is.
- You will receive confirmation by January 16th if you were successful, and receive your bursary in mid-January.
- If you have received a bursary before and are in the same program you can fill out a simplified form and do not have to attach an essay.
The online application will be available beginning December 5th at 12pm.